Friday, August 19, 2011

A Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed first full day!

The Bright-Eyed Bears began their school year just as bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as I had hoped they would!  Although there were some nervous smiles, they were smiles none-the-less. We had no tears! I think the children were as ready for school as Mrs. Cummings and myself.  They were brilliant at picking up our routine of stopping, looking, and listening when the lights go out.  I think everyone made at least one new friend, and old friends enjoyed their time together again.  I saw cooperation, exploration, and lots of delighted discoveries going on in our classroom.  It's going to be a great year!

Next week the children will begin "signing in".  They will all have a laminated picture of themselves to place in the "Bear Hug" of a cutout bear in our Morning Meeting area.  Each day we will notice whose picture is missing (if there are any, which we hope there will not be) and send that friend a big bear hug from the entire class.  We are all about building relationships!

The children will also begin with classroom  jobs next week.  I think they will really enjoy taking part in keeping our classroom running well and the happy, healthy place we all want it to be.

Please enjoy the pictures and slideshows, movies and stories that I will post every Wednesday and Sunday.  I'm looking forward to this beary happy year!